- Bundle up together. Talk about mommy's/daddy's/child's + item of clothing (gloves, scarf, hat, boots).
- Momentarily allow your child to put their hands in the snow without gloves. Talk about the cold.
- Scoop snow using various kitchen objects- cups, spoons, bowls, etc.
For higher level language learners:
- Use various kitchen objects (bowls, muffin tins, cups, etc) to make a snow castles. Use kool-aid or food coloring + water to make colorful castles.
- Find different ways to melt the snow indoors. Predict how the snow will change when it melts. Once it turns to water, put it int he freezer overnight. Talk about whether or not it will change back to snow? What will it be in the morning?
- Make snow cones or slushies using fresh snow and juice. How can you tell if the snow is clean? What happens to the snow as you pour more juice on it? Why?
Have fun and stay warm!!