Beginning language learners at the 1-3 word levels:
- Talk about what you are doing at the 1-3 word level (ex: Mommy wash egg, Daddy break egg, I pour dirt, etc.)
- Talk about your hands or the table being dirty.
- Take pictures of each step (breaking the egg, pouring the dirt, pushing the seed, spraying/pouring the water). Review the pictures with your child to help them talk about each step after the activity is complete.
- Show your child a picture of a plant in an eggshell. Work together to figure out what steps you need to take to make your very own egg-head.
- Discuss with your child what type of egg you should use-- a raw egg? Hard boiled egg? Why?
- Talk about the egg shell being fragile. What does that mean? Can (s)he think of other things that are fragile?