Beginning language learners at the 1-3 word levels:
- Talk about pouring the ingredients at the 1-3 word level (ex: I pour orange juice, Daddy pour sugar)
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup (instead of 1 cup) to allow opportunities to talk about more cranberries/sugar/juice
- Serve cranberry sauce in cups for members of the family. Talk about Daddy's/Mommy's cup.
For higher level language learners:
- Watch the video link above. Carrie talks about dissolving and what it means. See if you can think of other powders that dissolve.
- Discuss how you can tell when the orange juice is boiling. How is it the same as boiling water? How is it different?
- Talk about how the cranberries changed. What happened to them as they cooked? Why do you think we add sugar?