As we reopen the office, new policies and procedures are being put in accordance with the local government recommendations and the CDC guidelines. It is likely that procedures may change as we move through this process, so please check back often.
What to know when you arrive for your session:
- Your child will be picked up by the therapist in the parking lot. Any passengers in the car will have their temperature taken via an infrared, no touch thermometer If anyone has a temperature over 100F, your child's session will be rescheduled.
- If your child requires you to help them transition into the building, you will be asked to wait in the car until your therapist comes out to get you. You can help transition your child into their session, however, you will not be permitted to wait in the waiting room or view the session from the viewing room.
- If you would like to observe your child's session, the therapist can set up a zoom session so that you can watch remotely.
- All clients will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and before leaving the office.
- While we will support your child wearing a mask and are happy to help them practice wearing a mask, they will not be required to wear one in session.
- We understand that it is summer, and that families may be traveling. If a child or anyone living with the child travels via airplane, please let your therapist know. We may ask that your child participate via telehealth for a period of time following their return, or until you have a negative test for Covid-19, whichever comes first.
Therapist protocols to protect you and your child:
- All therapists will take their temperature at the start of the day. No therapist with a temperature over 100 will be treating children.
- All therapists will wear a mask or face shield when with your child. Wearing gloves and an additional face covering as an extra form of protection is up to the discretion of the therapist. If the therapist chooses not to wear the added layers of protection, you may request that they do so for your child.
- All surfaces and therapy materials will be disinfected between sessions.
- Therapists will not be making home or on-site visits until further notice.
- Client visits will be strategically staggered throughout the day in order to minimize interaction between clients and staff.