As we navigate Covid-19 and its variants, new policies and procedures are being put in accordance with the local government recommendations and the CDC guidelines. It is likely that procedures may change as we move through this process, so please check back often. It is important to read through all of the information below.
What to know when you arrive for your session:
- Prior to your first session at Talk of The Town, you will be asked to sign an agreement to notify your therapist if you are exposed/at risk for Covid-19.
- Therapists will come to get your child from the car at their allotted therapy time. The waiting rooms and viewing room are closed; parents will be permitted to accompany their child as follows:
- For children under 3 years of age, parents are permitted to stay in the therapy room with the child if they wish.
- For preschool and school aged children, parents are permitted to be in the therapy room with their child for the first session or if your child has difficulty separating. Once your child is familiar with the routine and able to separate, we ask that parents wait in the car for their child.
- In order to minimize the number of people in the building, we strongly prefer that you wait outside for your child whenever possible.
- Please rest assured that we want families to know exactly what their child is doing in therapy and to be a part of the process. For clients of all ages, zoom sessions will be set up so that the parent can watch and listen to the sessions. If you are nervous that your child will have difficulty separating, we can always ask you to come back into the building. Our #1 priority is your child's success and comfort, while maintaining safety.
- All clients will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and before leaving the office.
- We ask that all children that are able, wear a mask coming into the building. If the nature of their therapy session prohibits them from wearing the mask for therapy, it will be removed in session. However, we would like all children to wear masks when transitioning in and out of the building whenever possible.
Therapist protocols to protect you and your child:
- All therapists will wear a mask or face shield when with your child.
- All surfaces and therapy materials will be disinfected between sessions.
- Common space in the office will be strategically used so that interactions between clients and staff in minimal.