- Talk about what you are doing at the 1-3 word level (ex: peel, spread, Daddy wash blueberries, I cut banana, etc.)
- Put your fingers in the jelly and explore how sticky they feel.
- Take pictures of the steps (spread cream cheese/jelly, peel banana, cut banana, etc. Review the pictures with your child to help them talk about each step after the activity is complete.
- Show your child the picture above. Work together to figure out what ingredients and what steps are needed to make your very own fruity flag.
- Discuss how the jelly helps the fruit stick on the bread. What other foods are sticky? Why wouldn't it be a good idea to stick the fruit on with glue?
- Think of other foods that you could use to make colorful, fruity flags! (think watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, apple slices, pear slices, blackberries, etc.)
*For a GFCF alternative, use gluten free bread.